Monday, December 29, 2008

Still waiting...

The holidays seem to have slowed things down to a snail's pace. Still no word on the medical waiver. However, I am grateful for the additional time because I've learned that the Battalion Commander wants me to achieve 80 points in each Physical Fitness Test category, vs. the 60 points that is required of an OCS applicant.

This means (2 minutes each): 30 push-ups, 59 sit-ups, and a 2 mile run in 18:48 minutes.
The 60 point requirement is: 15 push-ups, 42 sit-ups, and a 2 mile run in 21:42 minutes.

To graduate Basic Training a recruit needs to score 50 points in each category. The requirements are higher for Officer Applicants/Candidates, not to mention that they need to be met even before interviewing with the Officer Candidate Selection Board, which is before Basic Training. It's a lot of work to go through when I don't know for sure if I am going or not, but it's good to be getting in shape; something I should be doing anyway. Please pray for me to have the courage and endurance to do this, and strength in so many ways! :)

1 comment:

  1. I believe in you and your determination to do this for yourself. Good luck and watch your breathing!

    ReplyDelete